Tuesday, January 3, 2012

JANUARY 3, 2012


Happy New Year, my friends!  2011 was quite a year - while I'm glad for all that I went through, I'm also glad it's behind us, and hopeful that 2012 will be even better.

Our Christmas season was busy, as usual, but wonderful.  We surprised the kids with a quick trip to Disneyland (thanks to the generosity of some friends) and Hollywood, where we caught up with a friend.  It was a whirlwind trip, but definitely fun. 
Christmas morning, before presents.   

 Kevin, with his new R/C car.....big fun!

Jules with her new puppy, Snowball, aka Cookie.

Post-Disney surprise - we had a treasure hunt that led them to the final "treasure" - Mickey ears!

At Disney - loving life.  Was a little chilly, but we managed.

On The Jungle Cruise - first ride at Disneyland!

I will try to fix this and turn it, but I wanted to show y'all...at Splash Mountain!

Meeting up with Woody and Jessie!

At the Fire Department in Toon Town USA! 

Again, sorry this is sideways - I promised the kids ice cream, and Kevin got a Mickey Mouse sandwich, while...

...Jules got a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar!

 
Posing in Hollywood!

We also headed to Newport Beach in California the night we arrived - Levi refused to take his boots off and join us, so this is the kids and I enjoying the ocean for the first time.

The kids, with Balboa Pier at Newport Beach behind them.  This is after Julia's *first* tumble into the ocean, and before Kevin's pants were completely soaked.  


I love both of these pictures....




Overall, this was a pretty cool way to celebrate the holidays this season, as well as Levi's and my 10th wedding anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment