Wednesday, February 8, 2012

FEBRUARY 8, 2012


So, I learned a very important lesson last night.  While working out is imperative to my recovery and my mental health, so is stretching.

Yes, my back is speaking to me again.  Loud and clear.

I finally got back to the gym last night to walk.  Hadn't been in since Sunday, and I was feeling it.  So, I made it a priority yesterday.  Probably overdid it (my mind is much more willing to get at it than my body.....), but I walked for about 45 minutes.  Felt AMAZING when I was done.

By the time I got home?  Yeah.  Not so much.

I thought I would stretch, to see if that would help.  That's in addition to the Advil I took, and the Pain-A-Trate I put on my back.  Between the three activities, I was feeling better in time to go to bed, thankfully.

Today's goal?  To workout and stretch.  I need to start planning my time better to allow for adequate warm up, workout, and cool down.  And, hopefully, that will help.  I'm also going to make a phone call to my chiro this morning to see if I can get back in.

In addition to that, I'm going to ask my father to take the kids on Friday night so that I can have some time for myself - thinking of going in for a deep tissue massage.  I've been under a lot of stress these past couple of weeks.  Levi's out of town (has been for almost two weeks now), I'm chairing an event next weekend for CCA, I'm back into building my business, I'm working (from home, thankfully), and trying to be the best Mom I can be to the kids.  Jules is having *a lot* of GI issues lately, so that's been stressful.  And, there are field trips coming up, homework to be done, and the normal household stuff to be done (housework, bills to be paid, etc.).

I'll make it all work - it needs to happen.  But, I could definitely use a break.  I'm excited and happy to be back at life in general, but I recognize that I need to take a mental break, and recenter myself.

With that, I'm back at it.  

Comments:

Blogger Whidbey Woman said...
Good for you! You know what you need. Now do it, girl friend!!!
February 10, 2012 at 5:56 AM
Blogger mposto87 said...

Hi Michelle,

My name is Mike Postorino and I am the National Awareness Coordinator for the Mesothelioma Center (Asbestos.com). I was wondering if you would be interested in our organization contributing an article about mesothelioma cancer for your site. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer that appears in the lining of the lungs, heart and stomach. Our goal is to bring awareness to this disease and prevent future cases by educating the public about the dangers of asbestos. Additionally we work 1-on-1 with individuals and their families to help them find local doctors, treatment centers and support groups. We have a team of knowledgeable writers that would love to write original content about the topic for your website and its visitors.

If this is something you would be interested in or if you have any questions please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Mike Postorino
National Awareness Director
mpostorino@asbestos.com
March 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment