Thursday, September 22, 2011

SEPTEMBER 22, 2011


Today's post is brought to you by my diet....chicken broth, water, popsicles, gummy bears, iced tea, soda, and my Osmo-Prep tablets later today.  :)

The last couple of weeks have been very tiring.  I've been poked and prodded and radiated a lot in the last couple of weeks.  I can't remember if I told y'all what's been going on - I've been having a pretty consistent, persistent pain in my lower pelvic region.  I've seen my OB/GYN - one external and transvaginal ultrasound later, nothing showed up other than that my ovary is a little bigger than expected and had a LOT of follicles on it.  My PET scan came back clear, my blood work is showing CA-125 levels of 3.5 (really great levels), and the contrast CT scan (with the nasty berry-flavored barium) was clear.  Still no idea what's causing the pain - I have a follow-up with my GYN next week, and if he doesn't have any ideas, I'm going to follow-up with my PCP to see if he has any ideas.

And, my colonoscopy is tomorrow - even though my scans came back clear, I'm interested to see if she finds any polyps.  I hope not, but I'm fully expecting them.  Par for the course, you know.

It's been a REALLY long week, otherwise.  I was traveling in Tucson Monday through Wednesday for work.  I didn't sleep well, especially with the news that my health insurance at work is changing significantly next year. But, it's something we/I are going to have to deal with.

I'm sitting here, enjoying my chicken broth (I needed something non-sweet) and looking forward to my lunch of more gummy bears, some soda (first time I've had some in a while), and my 20 pills for dinner.  :)

Good times.  Thanks, cancer.

Comments:

Caroline said...
I always feel a tiny bit thinner after the colonoscopy diet... I hope it goes well.
September 23, 2011 at 2:08 AM
Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment