Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FEBRUARY 15, 2011


Took a call from the doctor's office today - PET scan results are clear, meaning I am cancer-free for another six months!  Woot!

There is still some uptake of the sugar in the area of concern from last year, which was determined to be scar tissue and possible endometriosis.  I will have a conversation with my OB about this, as the area is getting tender and sore, and I think will need to be addressed here eventually.  But, the doctor assured me there's NO CANCER, which is really my biggest concern.

So, at this point, the appointment with Dr O next week appears to be nothing more than a routine follow-up, and should hold no surprises.

Phew! 

Picture courtesy of CafePress.com, link 
here.

Comments:

Allison said...
Congrats!!!!
February 15, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Blogger I'm Nic. said...
Just came across your blog. My Mom, who is in her 50s, was just diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. I've been scouring the blogosphere for something inspiring and found you. I will be spending the next few days getting caught up and seeing what lies ahead for my Mom - and our family - over the months ahead.
Congrats on continuing to kick cancer's ass! :)
February 16, 2011 at 5:42 AM
Blogger Whidbey Woman said...

Keep kicking that ass, Michelle!!!
P.S. Thanks for your support on Ron's Road 2 Recovery. We love you!
Give our regards to Levi.
February 16, 2011 at 7:28 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment