Thursday, October 14, 2010

OCTOBER 14, 2010


...until the third annual Phoenix Undy 5000.  It's crazy to me how close it is, and yet how far away it seems.  I know it's getting here quickly - I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  So much to do - between the run-of-show, getting vendors on board and set up, coordinating volunteers, and making sure everything is ready (I have a great team, and I'm confident all will go well) is overwhelming.  And, since I'm training to run the event (again, running in my world is more like a jog/walk combination in other people's view) I'm running 2.5-3 miles three times each week, which takes time.

Whew.

Just wanted to remind you all to please consider coming to the event or donating.  I know most folks are in the same boat we are in - each penny has already been spent before it's in your bank account, and finding money for something like this is difficult at best.  I hope that you can find $5 to donate.  That makes all the difference.

And, if you are in Phoenix on October 30th, please plan to join us for the event.  We will have Sean McLaughlin from KPHO (their evening news anchor) as our guest emcee, along with appearances by Mrs. Arizona and Miss Arizona, the Phoenix Suns gorilla, tons of kids' activities, and other events that will make this a wonderful morning.

Maybe I'm a little biased, but such is life.  :-)

So, what will YOU be wearing on October 30th? 

Comments:

Whidbey Woman said...

Appreciate all the advocacy work you do, Michelle :) Have fun at the Undy!!!
October 15, 2010 at 5:24 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment