Friday, October 14, 2011

OCTOBER 14, 2011


My hysterectomy is scheduled for November 8th.  I have a pre-op appointment with my GYN next week, and I have a list of questions to ask him.  I'll know more after that meeting, but I'm hopeful and anxious - just get it done NOW.

Today or tomorrow is the day my pain will get really bad again - I'm aware of it, popping Advil, and waiting.  I can feel it building, so I'm not happy about that.  But, knowing this is the last month I'll have to work through this pain makes it a little easier.  Or, that's what I keep telling myself.  :)

I found a
 great website this morning that really helped me feel like I wasn't losing my mind.  There were some very specific things that struck me, and made me wish that I had found this site months ago.

My symptoms have been pretty consistent - low-level mind cramping pretty consistently throughout the month, severe pain when I ovulate, and (the latest one) consistent lower back pain.  Below is what I found on this website.  I know the web is not exactly the most reliable place for information, but seeing what I'm going through described there made me feel like I wasn't crazy.  And, I found another website (hystersisters.com) that's a great place to talk with other women.  Just like when I was going through chemo, it's uber-important to have others to talk with, for your own mental health.

*******************
Lower Back Pain


Lower back pain is another common but poorly recognized symptom that often accompanies period pain. It is commonly associated with endometriosis in the pouch of Douglas, uterosacral ligaments, and rectovaginal septum.
Ovulation Pain


Ovulation pain can occur in women who do not have Endometriosis, but this pain will normally be a small twinge. In women with Endometriosis, ovulation pain can be rather acute. Pain usually begins 12-24 hours before ovulation and may last for a few days. It results from the normal enlargement of the ovary during ovulation which causes stretching of endometrial implants and adhesions lying on the surface of the ovary. The pain is often described as ‘stabbing’ and it may radiate throughout the pelvic area and into the buttocks and thighs.

Comments:

Whidbey Woman said...
Thinking of you.
October 16, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Blogger I'm Nic. said...

Best of luck!
October 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment