Wednesday, October 26, 2011

OCTOBER 26, 2011


Sometimes, I think planning your life around a medical procedure is more difficult than the procedure itself.  These past couple of weeks have been hell.  Just pure hell.  I'm trying to get things around for when I'm immobile and unconscious, and it's crazy.  Chaos.  Work is swamped, and that's without trying to get things prepped for me being out for two months.  I know - things will go on without me.  But, I'd like to make an effort to make sure things are as done ass possible.  Same thing with the house.  Luckily, my folks will be here the week of the surgery to help, and Levi will be here the week after (he's off the entire week - yah!).  And, I have an amazing army of friends that are offering to help me pull together meals and make sure our freezer is stocked up, which will help enormously.  Meantime, I'm trying to stay sane.  :)

And, with that, I'm back off to work on getting caught up.  Ha ha.

Comments:

Caroline said...
Good luck with your hysterectomy. When I had mine, I spent 4 nights in the hospital - an extra day because I got a UTI. When I got home I was tired and pain was under control. The biggest issue was that I could only go down stairs once in the AM and then back up in the evening - when my husband was there - for the first week. This is very important. You need to heal - too much strain while healing can result in adhesions which are nasty in themselves. Also no carrying anything - including small children, groceries, etc for a long time. If you want to ask more questions, feel free to ask away.
October 26, 2011 at 1:38 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment