Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SEPTEMBER 29, 2010


Got new running shoes this weekend, and WHEW!  Did they make a difference, or what?!?!  Very little shin pain, and I have been able to run in them twice now without having to stop due to shin splints.  Very exciting - at least for me.

Last night's workout was 2.7 miles in 43 minutes.  That included, in my defense, a 5 minute warmup.  I didn't include the cooldown.  I am hoping that I can continue this pace (and speed it up a bit) and run the entire 5k on October 30th in under 45 minutes.  I know it's going to be a challenge, but as long as I keep up the training and the desire, I should be all set.  

Holy crap.  ;-)

Comments:

Jill said...
you CAN do it!

What shoes did you go with?
September 29, 2010 at 10:04 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Em1206FQES4/TJaOC2PcQII/AAAAAAAAAAs/E7vSAWDXIeg/S220/IMG_5324_2.JPG
Blogger Allison said...

Keep it up!
I will be there, running in memory of my dad. I have posted a link to your blog on mine. We can beat this thing!
October 7, 2010 at 9:52 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment