Monday, March 1, 2010

MARCH 1, 2010



If you're reading this blog, you know how passionate I am about spreading colon cancer awareness.  This month, I will eat, breathe, and live colon cancer awareness (well, for a bit, anyways....).  March is Colon Cancer Awareness month.  This means that, as a nation and as a people, we need to continue to talk about this disease, break down the walls that surround it, and get people to realize that just because it deals with poop doesn't mean it's taboo to talk about.

Starting the month off, I went to the website of the station that interviewed me last week, and lo and behold, on their front page is a link called "
Colon Cancer Awareness Events."  Right on!  And, I expect a call today from Kari letting me know when my interview will air.

So cool!

As soon as I have the information for the on-line link, I'll let you all know.  Meantime, if you are local to the Phoenix area, please tune into KPHO (Channel 5, at least for me) for the 5 and 6:30 newscasts tonight.  Apparently, Sean McLaughlin is intro'ing my story.  Nice!

And, don't forget that Friday is Dress in Blue Day - PLEASE encourage your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, kids, teachers, acquaintances, strangers on the streets and your local community to dress in blue on this day, and help us raise awareness about colon cancer and, eventually, eradicate this disease once and for all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment