Thursday, March 25, 2010

MARCH 25, 2010


How has it been a week already?  I'm shocked at how quickly the time is flying by, and I just don't know where it's going.  Oh wait - I suppose I do.  :-)

It's been another busy week, though it's mainly been personal family things.  All good, though.  Levi's been home all week, which is such a nice treat.  He has been so good baout helping me this week, which has been a life-saver.  I had my fillings put in on Tuesday (five of them on the right side), and I didn't do well with it.  Well, I think I did well, but the pain and discomfort and exhaustion and stress kicked my butt, and Tuesday night I was lucky to stay upright until bedtime.  Yesterday resulted in pain, a LOT of discomfort, and a massive headache, which led me to go home early and try to sleep it off.  It worked, but now I'm dealing with fighting a cold that I trying like all get-out to take up residence in my lungs.  I don't know that I'll have a voice for much longer today or tomorrow, which should be interesting since I'm having a big party at my house tomorrow night.  Hmmm.....I FEEL okay, just can tell that my body is fighting off something.

On that note, my mug is filled with hot tea and honey, I have been taking my vitamins and sleeping as much as possible, and I am diligently putting up the good fight.  :-)

This weekend is a CCA meeting, which I'm looking forward to.  Honestly, it's been nice to have a break from the advocacy work.  While I absolutely love working on the advocacy stuff, sometimes having time without the focus being on the cancer gives me such great perspective and such energy when I do jump back into the fray.

I've spent time over the past month or so working on the house, decorating.  It's been a leap for me, as you all know.  I've posted in the past about my fear of painting the house.  I am terrified of this.  So, I did the next best thing (in my opinion) to make the house our home - I put up curtains.  In EVERY room.  Well, almost - tonight I have to hem up the ones for the office, but we now have curtains in the living room, kitchen, and all bedrooms.  Office will be done tonight.  I have the kids rooms' set up with decoartions on their beds (including matching bedspreads, curtains, etc.), slip covers/pillows in the living room, a new bedspread/pillow set for the master bedroom, and all kinds of wonderful things to make our house a home.  I am beyond excited about this.  Levi asked if I was pregnant and nesting - nope.  Just happy to be able to pay our mortgage and feel like we will be in our home long-term.

So.  Exciting.

Now that I'm done *nesting*, I'm really looking forward to the next couple of months.  The time of year is always SO beautiful in Arizona, and I cherish the cool mornings and warm afternoons.  I love the blooming plants (though the allergies aren't as happily welcome...), the color on the streets and in the fields, and the sun rising as I drive to work.  Just beautiful.

Julia's birthday is coming up next month.  Hard to imagine that she's going to be 8.  I'm thinking that we'll do a small party at the house or at a local park, but nothing too extravagant.  Kevin's birthday is shortly after, and I think we are planning to have a joint Kevin/Mom/Levi/me birthday celebration, since Mom and Dad are planning to head back to NY in early May.

It's so nice to be living life again.  I've been thinking a lot lately about my situation, where I've been, where I've come from, and where I'm headed.  It's been reallynice, and I'm so happy to be where I am. 

Comments:

Miss JRenae said...

Hi Michelle-I came across your blog from Kim's page. My hubby is a firefighter for the same city as Deron. I also noticed you are a patient of Dr.O, too. I have been her patient for almost 5 years and my mom has been her pt since 1996.
:) Just wanted to say hello-Keep up the fight and together we can all make a true difference.
Jamie D.
April 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment