Wednesday, February 11, 2009

FEBRUARY 11, 2009


Is this normal? Since I stopped chemo, I have had a wicked breakout of acne on my face. NOT IMPRESSED. Does anyone else have this issue? Or, had this issue and has the magic thing to stop the zits? 

Sorry - I know for some of you this might be too much information, but really - you already know so much about me. :-) So, really - anyone? Any advice? I have tried a couple of different face washes from the local drug store, along with plain old soap and water, and there is no difference. 

And, because Carol asked, yes, "deport-ation" is on Friday. Friday the 13th. 1pm arrival, 3pm deport-ing. (Sorry if I offended anyone, but that is very funny to me. Sick sense of humor, I know. Oh well.) 

By this time on Saturday, I will have another glob of the skin-super-glu stuck on me, itching and driving me nuts, but the port (which also itches and drives me nuts) will be gone, and the healing will have begun. It's kind of a liberating thing, but I wonder how I will feel when it's actually out. Kind of an end-of-days, chemo wise. It's an end of a period of my life that will forever define who I am as a person, and who I will become. This is the end of me being a cancer "patient" an the beginning of being a cancer "survivor". It's about damn time. 

Oh - I have to post pictures of a gift I received from someone I work with. (Thank you again!!!) He sent me the funniest things - there was a cotton bag (kind of like the grocery bags you can buy to reuse?) with a cat on it, wearing boxing gloves, and surrounded by a circle that declares "SURVIVOR - I kicked cancer's ass!!!" There was a mug that asks "What's up your butt - get screened!" and then my favorite - an adorable, fluffy, pristine white teddy bear wearing a tee-shirt that proudly and loudly proclaims "F*CK COLON CANCER" but it's not edited. NICE! I will try to post pictures this weekend.....if I can remember.

Damn chemo brain.

Comments:

Tom H said...
I dunno for sure, but I'd guess your whole hormone system is probably getting back into balance. I would bet the acne is a good thing, think of it as your body and immune system finally getting back to other things, like ridding bacteria from your skin.
February 11, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Blogger Carol Urban said...
I really think it's Chemo related. Same thing here. My face is now the clearest it's ever been in my life (post-Chemo). I am using MaryKay. My MaryKay lady is also a cancer survivor. She said MaryKay was the only thing which worked for her. My skin was so bad I had little bumps all over my chest, back and face. It was some type of Chemo-induced rash. It was horrible and made me feel even uglier after losing my eyelashes to Chemo. I think you have to have a sense of humor to get past the cancer crap. Early into my cancer foray my sister bought me this blue lapel pin which says, "CANCER SUCKS!" I wore it almost all the time.
February 11, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Blogger Carol Urban said...
P.S. Yes, I have to run my fingers over the spot where my port USED to be just to remind myself that it's GONE! You and I will get through this! I see my surgeon, Dr. Moser, next week. I thank God every day for this man coming into my life. If things hadn't gone the way they did I am sure I would have been a victim instead of a survivor. Yeah, baby!
February 11, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Comment deleted
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
May 13, 2009 at 2:29 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment