Thursday, May 29, 2008

MAY 29, 2008


Better than bad news, I guess. Today was another long day. After I dropped the kids at daycare, I headed in hoping to be there when the doctors arrived. (Steph -- I liked your idea much better!) Unfortunately, it was to no avail. No doctors arrived before I left for the day. But we did have a goal to work towards -- they told Michelle she could be put on solids once she passed gas. Yup, they meant fart, let one rip, poo-tinky (as Mich used to call it), drop a big fat juicy one. (Sorry, I let my years with three sons and a husband get to me for a moment.)

Unfortunately for Michelle (but fortunately for me) she wasn't able to let one go before I left. But, I'm sure she will keep trying.

She did get out of bed today and did go for three walks. She made it about 10 feet on the first try before turning around. She doubled that for the second, and on the third made it around half of the floor. The nurses were very pleased.

Speaking of the nurses, she had a great one today that took a lot of time with us to talk about what we need to be focusing on... keeping her strength up, being willing to ask for help, handling not only the physical but also the emotional side of this, nutrition, etc. Michelle and I both felt we understood things better, in general. Where we are short on info is on the specifics.

We do have an appointment next week with the oncologist and hopefully will get the plans laid out for us at that meeting. We are going to try to learn even more tomorrow, which by the way, is Kevin's 2nd birthday!

Keep us in your prayers and drop her notes. I will be printing all comments and taking them in to her!

Love to all,

Mom Whitehead


Comments:
Aha! There you are... :) The 'no news' sentiment was exactly what I was telling Phil I was hoping for. Tee hee... I have to chuckle at the fact that we'll all know now as soon as Michelle toots! :) I remember being quite shocked at how interested everyone was at my bodily functions after the c-section. So I guess they weren't kidding... the recovery on this is quite like a c-sect!

Anyway, Michelle... it looks like you're recovering like a champ! Just don't push it too hard. And Mom... try and take it a bit easy too. Hopefully the kids and Levi are also holding up. And hopefully we'll get some more concrete plans soon.

Oh, I can't believe Kevin is 2 already. Are we celebrating a bit late, or are we going to do a small something tomorrow and then do it up later? Either way, give him a giant squeeze from us!

Keep smilin' and we'll chat again soon! We love ya'll!!! :)

Later that evening:


Yup, thar she blows! Michelle can have solids tomorrow!

Thought you would all like to know...

lol

mom

Comments:
Young Family said...
Crack me up --- living with Craig has also giving me a sincere ... um, appreciation .... for such bodily functions!

So - I had all sorts of thoughts with that, but just imagined Michelle just working on that all day. Too funny --- congrats Michelle on the new MOVEMENT tonight and enjoy those yummy hospital solids tomorrow.

I haven't thought about solid food since Amelia was about 6 months....

And, happy birthday Kevin! Can you believe it!?!? Holy smokes! I am so sad though that you are in the hospital, but thank God it's his b-day and not Julia's (since she would remember!!).

Need anything? Can we do anything from MI? Think happy farts.....I mean thoughts?!

Take care and get some sleep tonight!!!
May 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Yaaaaay! Congratulations Michelle!! Very nice accomplishment indeed! What's your first solid gonna be? Beans? A blow pop or two? :)

So I went in search of fart funnies and happened upon this site. My oh my... who has this much time?? http://www.heptune.com/farts.html This site's too long to print but I just thought it might be good for a laugh if you've ever wondered where farts go when you hold them in, or if turtles fart, or the origin of the word fart, or if you can freeze a fart, then you must skim it at some point Hooray for gas! :)

PS: Steph - I understand! Tell your husband that he is still the only person who has EVER deliberately farted right ON me! He seemed to think he had to seek retribution for something I did at Amy's wedding... Soooooo gross!!!!! :)
May 29, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Blogger Nancy said...
all from Texas send their love and best wishes...we know you are strong and there are a lot of people praying and standing behind you here.You keep up the best you can and dont push it sweetie...happy birthday to Kevin...it is a special one ..he has a good family.with all our love ..your Texas family.....
May 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Blogger Amy Largenton said...
LEVI must be so proud on you farting. congrats on the great accomplishment

No comments:

Post a Comment