Tuesday, December 9, 2008

DECEMBER 9, 2008


Well, it's official. I have my first post-cancer trip scheduled. My brother Jim and his partner, Tom, have graciously offered to bring me to England (Oxford, specifically) to come and visit them. We have been talking about it for a while, and I never actually thought I would be able to go. So much has happened that it seemed like too-good-of-a-deal to have occur, so I figured it was kind of one of those "sometime in the future" trips. Like my ideal trip to Hawaii, to visit the volcanoes.

I spoke with my brother this week, and he and Tom were looking at flights and apparently found an amazing deal - so, it's official - I am going to England!!! I leave in March on a Wednesday night, and I come back on the following Monday night.

I'll admit, I am a little nervous. The farthest west I have ever been is the 303 in Phoenix (a highway on the west side of the Valley, to all of you that are freezing in the rest of the country....), and the only "foreign" places I have ever been are Toronto, Montreal, and Boston. (Sorry - had to - the opportunity was there, Amy!!!) I haven't ever traveled much beyond my comfort zone, and this is WAY outside of that. But, I am so excited.

Now, I really have to get my passport renewed. Hmph.

So, if you have any good stories, any advice, etc., please let me know. As I said, I am nervous, but I think it is going to be so much fun! I can't wait. I know it will be here sooner than I know it, but it seems so far off now. And then, I look back at May/June, and think of how far away that seems, but then at the same time, how quickly it has gone by. Crazy.

So, here I come, UK - are ya ready?!?!

Comments:

Happy said...
Well Michelle just thought you should know the the USPS can help you with your passport. My brother in law and his family is stationed in England. May the Lord be with you and your husband on your trip. Take care.

Your old buddy from Craigslist
(I sold you the wagon)
Feliz Reyes
December 10, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Blogger Freedom Runner said...
Michelle, your trip sounds awesome! I visited Oxford over a decade ago, and it was absolutely beautiful. I would also recommend going to Stratford-Upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare, a lovely town with a rich history.
Glad to hear your life is returning to some semblance of normalcy. Our thoughts are with you, especially during this holiday season.
December 11, 2008 at 9:09 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment