Friday, July 10, 2009

JULY 10, 2009


As Dr. McConnell said, I have a beautiful colon that looks perfectly normal. Who ever thought those words would be so wonderful to hear. Colonoscopy went well - prep wasn't as bad as it could have been (thank you, pills) and the test itself was done in 15 minutes. The hardest part was sitting in the waiting room for an hour, craving coffee and a pain killer for the massive headache.

Ironically, I had the same intake nurse and colonoscopy nurse, which was funny. They remembered Levi for his funny stories from last time, which was oddly comforting. Dr M said all looks well and (patting myself on the back) I look healthy and fit. Wow - those words have NEVER been said to me. LOL!

And, while I was in the procedure, Dr. Ondreyco's office called, and gave me the results of my bloodwork. CEA is at 1.1 (I think - either 1.1 or 1.3.....either way, good news) and I am pretty sure that number went down from my April tests; the rest of my bloodwork is also within normal limits.

Awesome.

So, barring any major issues that I can't foresee, I am still well within remission, and the doctor's appointment with Dr O on Thursday is just a formality. Which is fine with me.

Thus, I keep my cancer ass-kicker title, and I can keep on living life.

Sweet.

Comments:

Jill said...
PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD!!!! Yay Michelle :) I am SO very happy to read this. I have been out all day and have been eager to get on the computer to hear the words "CLEAN COLON"!!! Woo-hoo. Now get in the car, drive to Lowes and get to painting :)
July 10, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Blogger Tina said...
yay! Such good news!! Someday I'll get to hear that too!!
July 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Blogger Whidbey Woman said...
:) I'm all smiles across the miles. Thank you, Lord for answering prayers!
July 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Blogger Daria said...
Good job ... all the best to you.
July 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Blogger Debbie said...
I have been worried all day! So glad to hear to fantastic news!!!! That's my cancer ass-kicking clean colon Friend!!! Way to go.
July 10, 2009 at 7:16 PM
Blogger Caroline said...
Great news! I love to hear cancer-ass kicking news!
July 11, 2009 at 4:43 AM
Blogger Heat said...

HOORAY! Isn't it funny, the phrases/sentences that you never thought would bring you such joy?

HOORAY for appointments that are formalities!!!
July 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment