Saturday, July 11, 2009

JULY 11, 2009



I had a meeting on Thursday with the Cancer Treatment Centers of America, and it was awesome. Their facility is unlike anything I have ever seen before - if I have a recurrence or another tumor pop up, I want to be treated there. Unreal. It's a state-of-the-art facility with an amazing chemo room (that currently doesn't smell like chemo - a huge plus), beautiful in-patient rooms with flat screen TVs, a comfy chair and bed for family, and the room itself can immediately be turned into ICU rooms without having to move the patient. I could spend so much time going into the facilities here, but suffice it to say that this is THE place to have your treatment, in my opinion.

So, I went there to meet with the marketing people about i[2]y and it was such a successful meeting. I made some really good connections and had some amazing conversations. Molly, their marketing director, took me on a personal journey to visit her friend (31 yrs old, stage 4 non-small-cell) who is being treated there and needed someone to talk with. What an amazing honor, to be considered someone who can help her. I don't know that I did much - she had just been given some pretty strong meds and was literally falling asleep as I was talking with her, but she is this amazingly beautiful person that is fighting for her life. I only hope that somehow, I was able to give her an iota of help.

It was truly an amazing meeting (in spite of starving....) and I think that I am going to be able to forge some amazing relationships with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment