Sunday, May 5, 2013

MAY 5, 2013


Well, I saw both my med-onc and my rad-onc this week.  There is a small change in plans.  I didn't think we were going to do a CT scan until after this was all done.  Dr. Chong told me this past Friday that while he plans to proceed with the second phase of radiation, he wants to do a CT scan this week, just to see what's going on inside of this crazy body of mine.

This is a double-edged sward for me.  It's good that I get another week (maybe a bit more) of rest and will (hopefully) continue to get better.  It also means that I'm now fighting off scanxiety.

*sigh*

So, I'm trying to focus on (and not panic about) the fact that I return to work tomorrow.  It's part-time, and mostly from home, but still....I'm just hoping that I do okay.  I don't know why I'm nervous - Levi thinks I'm crazy.  He keeps reminding me that I've been doing this job for over 5 years.  It's just hard thinking about returning to work, after being through so much.  I'm trying to just remember to take care of me, and to not overdo it.

But, I desperately need to get back to doing something that has nothing whatsoever with cancer.  So, it's with excitement and anxiety and fear and hope that I go back tomorrow.

I will say that I am feeling better and better.  My body seems to be better handling a wider variety of foods (yeah!), and I'm feeling stronger and more aware each day.

Here's to a week filled with hope, good (amazing?) scans, and a fabulously easy and fun week back at work!

Comments:

Thandi said...
Hear hear!
May 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Blogger Lesley said...

Good luck with the scan!
May 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment