Tuesday, November 17, 2009

NOVEMBER 17, 2009


So, today the mayor of Peoria, AZ and I had a date to film a PSA.  Very very very cool.  Thanks to Jan with the Peoria High School (also one of my fellow board members' cousins), she worked a fantastic deal that I couldn't refuse - meet with the mayor of Peoria (an adjoining city), film a PSA that the students would form into a useable advertisement for the CCA, and do a wonderful thing.

That's just what I did.  I got to meet the mayor, got to speak with him about his history with colon cancer (both he and his wife, I believe he said, have lost family members to the disease), talk with his assistant, who had the coolest boots (I digress - she also has lost family members to colon cancer, and is actually a patient of one of the doctors that I work with and have become friends with through CCA), and tell him about the organization and my story.  We got along really well.  Sometimes, when you meet a politician, they are kind of arrogant, distant.....not Mayor Barrett.  He was so kind and personable.

We spent some time filming the PSA, and then had a chance to talk some more.  He's willing, able, and excited to be a part of this event.  He and his team are on board to help with the next Undy, with the next event.....it's freaking awesome.

Here are some pictures of us at the Mayor's office...

The high school guys with Mayor Barrett. 

Filming.  Yes, the mayor let me sit in his chair.  Perhaps this will reignite my dreams as a 6 year old of being president of the United States.  Hmmm.....

 
 I had fun - I have to admit it.  



Mayor Barrett and me - he was such a nice person, and I am so glad to have had this chance.

Goffing off - we really did have fun together.  

Comments:

Whidbey Woman said...
You rock!
November 17, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Blogger Carol Pack Urban said...
I freakin love you!
November 18, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Blogger Jill said...
AWESOME, AWESOME AND AWESOME!!!
November 18, 2009 at 7:12 PM
Blogger Lee said...

You are truly something! I am so very proud of what you are trying to do!!! I love you baby!
November 19, 2009 at 7:43 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment