Friday, January 1, 2010

JANUARY 1, 2010



I love these next two days.  I love the concept that everyone unites around a holiday not based on religious or personal views (at least, for the most part here in the US).  I love that people get together to celebrate and reflect on the year that has passed, and to optimistically celebrate what they hope will happen in the coming year. 

Being a New Yorker at heart, the ONLY way to celebrate the New Year is to watch the Times Square ball drop at midnight.  When I first lived in Minnesota, I was SO upset when they delayed the ball drop so that it was "live" to MN time, which is an hour behind NY time.  Um, what?  No - this bad boy needs to be shown live.  Doesn't the world understand that all things are based on NY time - and, everything else is just relative to that?  At least, on New Year's Eve....

My brother and father and I are going dryer shopping this morning.  Our dryer at the house has been making horrible, awful noises lately, and yesterday, I had to shut it off, the noises were so bad.  I found a scratch and dent place nearby that has electric dryers, so I'm hoping to use some of our Christmas money and gift cards to buy us a new dryer (Merry Christmas to us!). 

I will try to remember to post more later, but if I don't, Happy New Year's to you all.  I'm REALLY looking forward to 2010.  I'm hopeful that it's going to be better then 2009 was. 

Comments:

MZ said...
What a great entry...it's so good to focus on the positive. We look forward to reading more entries! Check out our blog at http://livingbeyondbc.wordpress.com/
January 4, 2010 at 10:14 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment