Wednesday, July 30, 2008

JULY 30, 2008

A/C Out - Quick Post

Because we apparently don't have enough to deal with, what with chemo this week, Mom and Dad are back in town and trying to get back into a routine, etc., we get home from chemo yesterday afternoon, and the AC unit for the house isn't working. I call the Home Warranty company - their "premier" contractor is on this, understands that we have some special circumstances, and they will take care of us right away. I get a call from said Premier Contractor - Thursday at 1am is the best they can do. Excuse me? So, I not-so-politely tell them that that's unacceptable (I had just gotten out of chemo, was tired, and not in the mood to be jerked around), and I told them I would call the Home Warranty company back. Did that, and they said that this was the best they could do. Really? B/c it was my understanding that through our contract, we were supposed to have a 24 hour turnaround on calls, esp. AC and heating calls, where quality of life is an issue. And, I ask them (again, not very nicely) for their list of contractors, who I will be more than happy to call and get someone out here. They then decide to put all of their dispatch callers on the phones, and finally get me in touch with a wonderful local company, AAA (not the car place - I can't remember what the AAA stands for - I will update it when I feel better). They poor guys has to drive from Queen Creek to Surprise (probably a 2 hour drive at 6pm), and is pretty sure that he can fix it easily. Well, unfortunately, that isn't the case. Instead of it being a small, simple part, the ENTIRE COMPRESSOR has gone bad. And, has to be replaced. He is hoping that they have one in stock, and that he will be able to fix it sometime today. Ian was polite, understanding, and just wonderful to work with. I will be writing them a letter of recommendation as well as giving them a review on kudzu.com.

So, I will update more when we hear more - I have to get my shower and get ready for day two. Feeling okay - better than last time, but I don't know that this will continue. We are halfway through this round, and I am hopeful, cautiously. Keep praying - I know that's what's helping us get through.

********
Update - I read through this post this morning (Friday), and was appalled. So sorry about the spelling errors. Can we say it together? CHEMO BRAIN!!!!
Comments:
Amanda: said...
Hang in there. Hope you have AC again soon!!!
July 31, 2008 at 5:24 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment