Wednesday, April 1, 2009

APRIL 1, 2009

Here is a link to a story about Michelle Obama and Sarah Brown visiting the Maggie's Centre in Hammersmith, west of London.

I knew I liked her - good name, smart woman, now - supporting this cause. Well, I am very proud to share so many things with her. :-) It just brings to light the idea that this support system is needed, and perhaps these two powerful women can make a difference in the funding and acceptance of the need for more assistance for cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers.

By the way, isn't it cool how I finally figured out how to embed a link into the blog? Sometimes, I even impress myself. LOL!

Later:



Well, if you have read my blog over the past 6 months, you know that I am a huge fan of New Kids on the Block (among other things, so don't roll your eyes at me - see the post about Disturbed from this weekend!). Well, I just found out that they are coming back to town in July. At an outdoor venue. In Phoenix. In the summer. Outdoors. In the summer. In Phoenix. :-)

And, it's sad...I still want to go, in spite of the anticipated heat. Desperately want to go. But alas, Levi is still out of work. And, it looks like he may be heading to New York for work, leaving us here in Arizona while he goes to the one place he has been able to obtain employment. 

So, I don't have the money for the tickets (the VIP ones I would love are $175 and $375) which go on sale this weekend. And, I won't have anyone here to watch the kids for me/us.

Can you say bummed? This week really isn't going very well at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment