Tuesday, June 17, 2008

JUNE 17, 2008

Quick note before chemo...

Some of you have asked if you have my permission to tell people about my cancer, to tell them about my situation, to pray for me, etc. By all means, please tell away. My hope in telling my story is a) to keep you all informed, b) to keep track of something that will undoubtedly define who I am and who I will become, c) to have a way to tell my kids the true, unedited story of their mom's battle (and subsequent win) with cancer, and d) to hopefully inform others of colon cancer, its symptoms, what can happen during the battle, and that it can be won.

I have lofty goals of using this as a way to inform other young women about colon cancer. I know I will beat this, and I know that I will be able to use my experience to influence others. I only hope that influence will be positive, and might give someone information to allow them to make a life-changing experience.

So, as I said before, please tell everyone. A lot of people (me included, up until a few weeks ago) think that colon cancer is isolated to the elderly, and more specifically to men. That obviously isn't true. If you have someone that wants to read the blog, give them the website address. If they have questions, have them email me or post a comment - if I can use this experience as a way to teach others about this disease, then so be it. As you all know, I have no problem with using my voice. At all. :-)

Comments:
Nancy said...
hi sweetie...i know it was a big day and a rough one..i pray that you are doing well and that the treatment went well.it is going to be hard at times but lean on others and we will help get you through those hard times.i wrap my arms around you and send you my love.
June 18, 2008 at 6:01 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment