Sunday, June 15, 2008

JUNE 15, 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y.....NIGHT!


Wow - so, twice in one week, Levi and I went to see a movie. I would wager to bet that this is the most movie-watching time we have spent together, ever, as I am not a movie-watching-kind-of-person. Last night, we went out to dinner with friends (Lex and Darrell) to this amazing little Italian restaurant called Cucina Tagliani in Glendale. Awesome. It's a family owned restaurant, and they make everything from scratch. Even the cannollis - yum! So, we spent a few hours there, enjoying the company of friends, and the delicious food. Then, what do we do? There isn't much nightlife on this side of town, so we thought we would go see a movie. We went to see the new Adam Sandler flick, "You Don't Mess with the Zohan." Now, here's my thoughts. If you go into an Adam Sandler movie expecting to see something new, unique, and different, don't waste your time. But, if you enjoy Adam's previous movies, and find the stupid humor silly and fun and good for some laughs, I would recommend this movie. I thought it was hysterical. Better than I expected, actually. The hermaphroditic popcorn-server that asked what movie we were seeing seemed pretty dissappointed that we weren't seeing something more stimulating. Whatever. We laughed out loud several times during that movie, and there were times when we all looked at each other in disbelief. It wasn't what you would call an intellectual movie, but it was definitely a typical, Adam Sandler, dumb-humor movie. Out of five stars, I would give it about 3.5-4. Definitely something I will get on DVD.

Other than that, we spent yesterday driving, running errands. Mom watched the kids for us, and we went to the store to pick up a few things, then off to La-Z-Boy to pick up my Dad's recliner for the house. It was nuts - for so long, we have said how nice it would be to have Mom and Dad here to help us with the kids, and now that we have someone here, it's like we feel guilty having them take care of the kids while we are out and about. I think Levi and I have spent more time over the past two weeks alone together than we have in years. LOL!

Today, we are going to spend the day celebrating Father's Day, and going to Target. Errands. I have to look for some button-down shirts for chemo days (it makes accessing the port and pump easier for the nurses).

Yesterday, Entrees Made Easy dropped off several delicious-looking meals, pre-made and ready to cook, courtesy of my good friend Steph. Steph contacted this company, which allows you to go into the location and pre-make gourmt meals for your family to tke home and cook, to see if they could help us out. In addition to teaching people how to cook gorumet-style, they can also pre-make their meals and deliver them to either busy families or families in need. It's an amazing service, and I am humbled by Steph's generosity. It's an amazing thing, to know that my family and I will have food in the fridge/freezer ready to cook in a moment's notice, especially on those busy days or lazy days. So, thanks to Steph for the help. What a huge thing for us all.

All right, more later. To all Dads reading this, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! And, to my Daddy, thanks for everything. I can't wait to see you next weekend! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment